Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sue B's Chocolate Cake



I found this recipe at recipezaar.com and made it for my husband and son's birthday. It turned out really moist and yummy. I didn't love the frosting I made so I would recommend a really yummy butter cream frosting or whatever you like.

3/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup boiling water
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup canola oil
4 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda

1. Mix cocoa and boiling water.

2. Mix buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla together.

3. Mix dry ingredients together.

4. Mix dry ingredients into buttermilk/oil mixture.

5. Mix in cocoa.

6. Bake at 350 degrees in two greased and floured and parchment lined (I didn't use parchment) 9-inch round pans.

7. Bake until tester comes out clean, approx. 30 minutes.

No comments: