Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall Delight

Dinner In A Pumpkin
This is one of my favorite things about Autumn time!
I have yet to try it out in smaller, individual pumpkins and let everyone have their own pumpkin to eat out of. I cooked it for my husbands family one year and they all loved it so much that they made it a tradition to cook it every year on Halloween for the extended family!
I hope you enjoy it as much as our family does!

1 onion, chopped
2 T. oil
2 lbs. ground beef
2 T. soy sauce
2 T. brown sugar, packed
4 oz. mushrooms, fresh are best
10-3/4 oz. can cream of chicken soup
1 ½ C. prepared white rice
8 oz. can sliced water chestnuts
1 bunch asparagas, cut into thirds
1 medium pumpkin, seeded

Sauté onion and asparagas in oil, add beef.
Cook until browned; stir in soy sauce, brown sugar, mushrooms & soup.
Simmer for 10 minutes; add rice & chestnuts. Mix well, set aside.

Place pumpkin on a greased baking sheet; spoon beef mixture inside pumpkin.
Replace top; bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Scrape out pumpkin with filling when serving.
6-8 Servings

2 comments:

Cori Henderson said...

Looks delicious! Not to mention cute. I'll definitely have to try it. Thanks for posting!

Nichole W. said...

I made this last night for our Halloween dinner.....it was divine! We all loved it and I think I'll start making it every year!