Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Morning Breakfast Casserole


This is my favorite recipe for a Breakfast Casserole. I don't really like the ones made with bread and Cream of Mushroom soup because they can be soggy. This one is delicious!

3 1/2 cups frozen shredded hash browns (I have used tater-tots and it was good too)
1 pound (ground)sausage, browned and drained
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
6 eggs, beaten
3/4 cups milk
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Spread hash browns into bottom of a greased 9X13 pan. Sprinkle cooked sausage and cheese over top. In a bowl combine eggs, milk, dry mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture evenly over sausage and hash browns. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight. Remove from fridge 20 minutes before baking and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover and bake 30 minutes, then uncover and bake 5-8 minutes more, or until center is set.
Makes a great breakfast Christmas morning!!!

1 comment:

Nichole W. said...

Oh my! I made this and I have wanted it for breakfast, lunch and dinner! I agree...much better than a recipe that uses bread! Loved it!