Monday, September 15, 2008

Apricot Jam


  • 2 quarts (8 cups) crushed fruit (we crush in our blender)
  • 2 quarts sugar
  • 2 T. lemon juice (If I don't have this I don't worry about it).
  • 1 large package (6 oz) orange jello

Wash fruit, remove pits, crush or blend, put in pan and heat till almost a boil. Add sugar and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Boil for five minutes. Add orange jello, stir well. Pour hot jam into bottles that have been sterilized, wipe top of jars clean. Put sterilized lids on jars tightly, wait for jars to seal.

2 comments:

cheryl said...

THis is actually Phyllis Bellon's apricot jam recipe. I have used this with Peach and Stawberries and it has turned out great. With the Peach Jam use peach jello, and with strawberry jam use strawberry jello. I bet you can use any kind of jello with any kind of fruit. I think it is better than using pectin.

cheryl said...

With reading this recipe again. i have another comment. I don't cook the fruit first, I just put in the fruit, boil, throw in the sugar and jello and boil for one minute and call it good.