Sunday, September 21, 2008

german pancake goodness...


May I preface, none of the recipes I post are my own. I gather them from wherever I can!

GERMAN PANCAKES
1/3 cup butter
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
5 eggs
Place butter in 9x13 pan. Put in hot oven until butter melts. Mix milk, flour, salt, and eggs then pour over melted butter. (i use my blender or beaters to mix the ingredients) Bake at 450' for 15-20 minutes. Serve with syrup, fruit, powdered sugar, etc...


BUTTERMILK SYRUP
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla

Bring butter, sugar, and buttermilk to a slow boil while stirring constantly. After it comes to a boil add baking soda. Be careful not to let it spill over your pan, as the soda makes it bubble and rise. When cooled a bit, add vanilla. DELICIOUS!!

1 comment:

Cori Henderson said...

I never post my own recipes either, just ones that I have that we like. I'm SO not creative in the kitchen. I can't wait to try these though, looks like it would make a great conference weekend breakfast!