Sunday, September 21, 2008

Carrot Chowder

This is a recipe created by Melanie Zimmerman. I think we have all made it before, but I thought I'd post it anyway because it is always a favorite this time of year. Great Halloween dish!
  • 1 lb hamburger
  • 1/2 green pepper
  • 1/2 onion
  • 2 cans cream of celery soup
  • 1/2 c celery chopped
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 4 c tomato juice
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt
  • 1/8 tsp butter
  • 1 1/2 c water
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 2 1/2 c coarsely grated carrots
Brown hamburger, green pepper, celery, and onion. Drain. Add salt, sugar, tomato juice, garlic salt, butter, water, pepper, both cans cream of celery soup, and grated carrots. Simmer till done (usually about 20-30 minutes). Serve with rolls or great in a bread bowl. I don't have a picture, but next time I make it I'll be sure to take one to post.

No comments: