Sunday, September 14, 2008

Zucchini Pizza



  • 1 lb hamburger
  • 1 medium zucchini
  • 1 c shredded cheese
  • 1 can olives
  • 11/2 C spaghetti sauce

Cut Zucchini lengthwise. Scoop out seeds. Brown hamburger. Cover with spaghetti sauce. Put hamburger mixture in zucchini - top with cheese and olives. Cover with tin foil and bake for one hour.

I have to admit that I have not tried this recipe - but after looking it over I think it would be good and I am going to try it next week for dinner. I think you could add ground sausage, pepporoni or any other traditional pizza toppings (mushrooms, onions, etc).

1 comment:

Laura said...

So we made this last night. We kind of improvised though. We put some pepporoni on it and used canned pizza sauce. We also added onions and mushrooms. We layered the meet stuff (cooked hamburger, onions, and mushrooms) with pizza sauce, pepporoni, and cheese. It was so good. Our zucchini was too big and it took closer to 1 1/2 to cook through. I highly recommend this recipe. I will post a picture.