Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mary Jo's Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies


This is the recipe that everyone always wants so I'll just post it. Mary Jo is Mark's aunt and she is the best at making cookies. I love this recipe. Makes a ton so I usually half it and it still makes a lot.

  • 1 lb. butter
  • 2 c brown sugar
  • 2 c white sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 4 1/2 c flour
  • 5 c oatmeal
  • 2 c chocolate chips
  • 3 c nuts (optional)
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and soda. Mix well. Add flour and oatmeal.
Bake at 400 degrees 6-9 minutes. It turns out the best not to let them get too overdone. I pull them out before they even start turning golden, and they are so moist and chewy! YUM! I also have a habit of putting in more chocolate chips than just 2 cups.

No comments: