Sunday, September 21, 2008

Broccoli Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers


  • 2 1/2 c cooked and cubed chicken
  • Cooked rice (I just do the 1 c of rice and 2 c of water. I think that makes four servings)
  • 1 bag of frozen broccoli
  • 1 c sour cream
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/4 c milk
  • 1 pkg ritz crackers
  • Cheese

In a bowl combine sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, and milk.

Pour cooked rice into the bottom of 9X13 pan (I usually spray with cooking spray first). Layer cooked chicken on top of rice, then layer frozen broccoli on top of chicken (Mark likes tons of broccoli so he likes the whole bag. You don't have to use it all if you don't wan to). Pour sour cream and soup mixture over broccoli. Then I sprinkle lots of cheese over that. Crush the ritz crackers (I keep them in their little brown package while I crush them), then spread over top of cheese. Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 50-60 minutes. This is one of Mark's favorite, and my kids will eat it too. Good way to get them to eat broccoli.

No comments: